Saturday, February 23, 2013

UPSC IAS INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE (22)


15 April 2012
02:28 PM



RECLAMING MY KINGDOM SOON - Mar 30

me: May I come in, sir.

cp: Yes, please come in.

me: Good afternoon ma’am, good morning sirs.

all: Good afternoon

cp: dr jindal Please take a seat.

me: Thank you sir (adjusted the chair a bit)


cp: So, you are from ip and tafsme- yes sir got selected in 2009cp-tell me about your training and where
are you postedme-I explained
Cp- started with a complicated q about financial matters
Me- I replied I took 4 month leave so went only for departmental training but no finances and accounts yet
Cp-pslv vs gslv
Me-I explained basic diff




Cp-what is geostationary
Me -explained
Cp- functional differences
Me-I explained gslv for communication and pslv for remote sensing
Cp – whyMe- I don‘t know
Cp- how many gslv and pslv orbits are there
Me- No answer
Cp- how many satellites are required in gslv at one time
Me- I don‘t know but explained 33 for gps and 7 for india specific gps
Cp- difference bw food safety and food security
Me- after initial trouble explained the definition
Cp- any bill related to food safetyMe- 2008 food safety bill
Cp- historicalMe-1956 food adulteration bill
Cp- if I will be pm what will I do for food security universal or targeted
Me- universal as target will cause exclusion
Cp – where will I get moneyMe- explained difference will be 70000-50000
crore and we can raise it easily. Told them we just lost 11000 in hutch case could have avoided that
Cp- what is surety that direct cash transfer money will be used for food by common manMe- sir that is not
our motive we must just proved the helping hand


RECLAMING MY KINGDOM SOON - Mar 30

M1-what is corporate social responsibility with two example
Me- explained definition, example of tata financing education health to everest climb of married womenExample two of universal service
obligation fund of telecom companies( was trying to direct my interview)M1- what is uso, ant uso towers I
visited
Me- explained and told I have many
M1- uso schemes
Me- explained sanchar shakti launched in


visited
Me- explained and told I have many
M1- uso schemes
Me- explained sanchar shakti launched in 2010 for women empowerment with details
M1- its effect
Me- no studies yet
M1- any other
Me- I am planning a pilot scheme myself where phones and sms will be used to tackle family planning, sex
ratio, immunization and imr,mmr via a chain of sms from districh hq-doctor-asha-people and reverse
order
M1- sex ratio in Haryana, why low and what is present status
Me- under 6 and above 6, improving
now,
M1- how do you perceive change at grass root level
Me- data, awareness, now its not that rampant, u can’t get a sex determination test done so easily



M2- recently finance mini talked in budget about a case what was it
Me- about hutch Vodafone case, he said he would have done better with those 11000 crore rupees, was talking abt retrospective legislationM2- is it feasibleMe- yes sir in financial matters
M2- explain other matters
Me- article 20 doesn’t allow in criminal cases, there was confusion about article no 20 or 22, even he wasn’t sure
M2-
impeachment of judgeMe- explained, there was a confusion about inquiry committee stage but everyone
laughedM2-fav area in foreign affairsMe- middle eastM2- arab union resolution on SyriaMe- I don’t

recall sir

M3- there was a drill on disaster management in delhi recently all over local news what was it
Me- I just came to delhi last night from my posting
M3- still
Me- I don’t know
M3- earthquake, what’s delhi zone
Me-after lots of guess wrong
M3- what is retrofitting
Me- mam can I make a guess
M3- yesMe- I was right its treating already made buildings for earthquake resistance
M3- internet sufing hobby seeing it first time



M3- dr jindal why should we select you
Me- mam first I have worked quite hard in past four years and I think I am a deserving candidate
And I am here so I fulfill the basic knowledge criterion, apart from
that I am a compassionate human being, as a doctor I have handeled people in their fragile situations
and dealth with their grievances. I am a hard working professional and I have worked 72 hrs
continuously in hospital. I have some dreams about my utility for this nation and I am progressing
towards tyhem when I was a doctor, now when I am a telecom officer and in future when I will be
something else. I can also gurantee you that I am a honest person
M3- how can you treat patients without being emotionalMe- attachment gives only pain, compassion is needed
M3-but you said you were emotionalMe- mam I said I am compassionate

M4- diff bw passion and compassionMe- explainedM4- am I creative passionate personMe – certainly
passionate but creative side yet to exploreM4- Archimedes principleMe- explained well



Cp- moto of ias
Me- is there one
Cp- yes
Me- I don‘t know sir
Cp- explained it
Me- thanks sir May be few more question which I can‘t recal





No comments:

Post a Comment