Saturday, February 23, 2013

UPSC IAS INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE (12)


03 April 2012
07:40 PM

Previous interviews 2009 sashi uban tripathi 176 she reviewed dr sahib show some confidence cse
5312010 img khan, 167 he reviewed on my face brutally honest, but rudeWas third attempt and got
193,50 in zoology and missed cutoff by 4 marks 2011, 19 march pk mishra this time i tried to be a soft
and simple person which is very hard but here it goes,

me: May I come in, sir.
cp: Yes, please come in.
me: Good afternoon ma’am, good morning sirs.
all: Good afternoon
cp: dr jindal Please take a seat.
me: Thank you sir (adjusted the chair a bit)

cp: So, you are from ip and tafsme- yes sir got selected in 2009cp-tell me about your training and where
are you postedme-I explainedCp- started with a complicated q about financial mattersMe- I replied I took
4 month leave so went only for departmental training but no finances and accounts yetCp-pslv vs
gslvMe-I explained basic diff

Cp-what is geostationaryMe -explainedCp- functional differencesMe-I explained gslv for communication
and pslv for remote sensingCp – whyMe- I don‘t knowCp- how many gslv and pslv orbits are thereMe-
No answerCp- how many satellites are required in gslv at one timeMe- I don‘t know but explained 33 for
gps and 7 for india specific gpsCp- difference bw food safety and food securityMe- after initial trouble
explained the definitionCp- any bill related to food safetyMe- 2008 food safety billCp- historicalMe-1956
food adulteration billCp- if I will be pm what will I do for food security universal or targetedMe- universal
as target will cause exclusionCp – where will I get moneyMe- explained difference will be 70000-50000
crore and we can raise it easily. Told them we just lost 11000 in hutch case could have avoided thatCp-
what is surety that direct cash transfer money will be used for food by common manMe- sir that is not
our motive we must just proved the helping hand

M1-what is corporate social responsibility with two exampleMe- explained definition, example of tata
financing education health to everest climb of married womenExample two of universal service
obligation fund of telecom companies( was trying to direct my interview)M1- what is uso, ant uso towers I
visitedMe- explained and told I have manyM1- uso schemesMe- explained sanchar shakti launched in
2010 for women empowerment with detailsM1- its effectMe- no studies yetM1- any otherMe- I am
planning a pilot scheme myself where phones and sms will be used to tackle family planning, sex
ratio, immunization and imr,mmr via a chain of sms from districh hq-doctor-asha-people and reverse
orderM1- sex raio in Haryana, why low and what is present statusMe- under 6 and above 6, improving
now,M1- how do you perceive change at grass root levelMe- data, awareness, now its not that
ramapant, u can‘t get a sex determination test done so easily
M2- recently finance mini talked in budget about a case what was itMe- about hutch Vodafone case, he
said he would have done better with those 11000 crore rupees, was talking abt retrospective
legislationM2- is it feasibleMe- yes sir in financial mattersM2- explain other mattersMe- article 20 doesn‘t
allow in criminal cases, there was confusion about article no 20 or 22, even he wasn‘t sureM2-
impeachment of judgeMe- explained, there was a confusion about inquiry committee stage but everyone
laughedM2-fav area in foreign affairsMe- middle eastM2- arab union resolution on SyriaMe- I don’t

recall sir

M3- there was a drill on disaster management in delhi recently all over local news what was itMe- I just
came to delhi last night from my postingM3- stillMe- I don‘t knowM3- earthquake, what‘s delhi zoneMe-
after lots of guess wrongM3- what is retrofittingMe- mam can I make a guessM3- yesMe- I was right its
treating already made buildings for earthquake resistanceM3- internet sufing hobby seeing it first time

M3- dr jindal why should we select youMe- mam first I have worked quite hard in past four years and I
think I am a deserving candidate
And I am here so I fulfill the basic knowledge criterion, apart from
that I am a compassionate human being, as a doctor I have handeled people in their fragile situations
and dealth with their grievances. I am a hard working professional and I have worked 72 hrs
continuously in hospital. I have some dreams about my utility for this nation and I am progressing
towards tyhem when I was a doctor, now when I am a telecom officer and in future when I will be
something else. I can also gurantee you that I am a honest person M3- how can you treat patients
without being emotionalMe- attachment gives only pain, compassion is neededM3-but you said you
were emotionalMe- mam I said I am compassionate

M4- diff bw passion and compassionMe- explainedM4- am I creative passionate personMe – certainly

Interviews Page 30

M4- diff bw passion and compassionMe- explainedM4- am I creative passionate personMe – certainly
passionate but creative side yet to exploreM4- Archimedes principleMe- explained well

Cp- moto of iasMe- is there oneCp- yesMe- I don‘t know sirCp- explained itMe- thanks sir May be few
more question which I can‘t recal

ok interview year confused 2010 sachi uban, 2011 img khan and now 2012 pkm

No comments:

Post a Comment