Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Upsc interview experience 2013 cse 2012 (march 2012)


board - p.k.m sir


last one to go for the day
hobbies - Designing models of real things , teaching
Associated with Art of living
Electrical engineer from IITD working with NTPC ltd .  Optionals ELectrical And Geography

me:goodafter noon sirs
cm: please have a seat
me :thankyou sir, thankyou ( i say thanku two times , cm looking at me )
cm: the photo you now brought is not matching with your application photo .
me: sir , at that time i had a haircut;
cm: it seems now u had a haircut :
i kept silent
cm :ok , u sign 15 times on the paper to establish ur identity
i confidently signed
cm to members : ok , sign is matching , ok let us start the interview .

cm: who is founder of art of living ( i have done a course here)
me: Shri shri ravi shankar
cm: why 2 shri's
me:sir , his father name is ravi shankar , so one shri for his father and  another for his own name.
cm:ok ,so shri shri ravi shankar
cm: there is some kriya there , what is it
me :Sudarshan kriya
cm: what does it do
me : this kriya maintains a rythm between breath, body and mind . while doing it rythmically we make a sound so hum.
cm : what is so hum
me : vah main huin ( i said it in hindi , means i am god)
cm: so it means u are god
me : yes , i am god
cm: what is the meaning of god
me: for things which we have answer we call it science and and for which we dont have any answer we call it god:
cm: so , god created the science or science created the god ;\
me: god creted the science

cm to m1 : u please ask
m1: what is this your hobby "designing models of real things"
me: i have a habit of making a model of any real thing which i see , for example i have designed lift, ceiling fan , cooler
, escalator of around 2 feet height
m1: does escalator work
me: yes
m1:then why are u coming here (taunt-type)
cm to m1: please ( in a way requesting him not to say such things)
m1:what else u have designed
me:and solar cooker
m1:how does solar cooker works
me:sir , when the sun ray first come , they are of short wavelength but after striking the glass of solar cookker , they becomes
long wavelength and got trapped there , and this infrared ray heats up the materail there
m1: any energy source which can serve the indian needs
me: sir , it has to be solar energy due to very large potential and easily available across india
m1:how will u trap this energy
me:through photovltaic cells
m1:how much is the voltage generated by them
me :sir , about 1 volt ,infact even less than 1 , ie around 0.7v
m1:how will u save this energy for night
me: By storing it in the battery
m1:can u tell what do they call the human model in a garments shop
me: sir , i know it  in hindi , "BUUT"
m1:no not in hindi , i have not heard this
cm: BHUT is ghost , not what the sir is asking ( cm thought i have said BHUT)
m3 interrupted : sir , he is saying "BUUT" not "bhut" which means a statue or similar sort of thing
m4, m5 also whispering about this bUUt

m3: do u like questions about constitution
me: yes sir
m3: what is the basic structure of the constitui
me: (i was thinking as i couldnt understand what does structure means)
cm: something that is sacrosanct
me: (now i got what m3 was asking)  sir , federalism ,
cm: more
me: fundamentals rights
cm:but what about right to property
me: it is still in the constitution.
cm: yes, it is now a legal right
cm: more basic structure
me:seperation of power
cm :more
me:judiciary and executive are independent
cm: this is same as seperation of power
me: yes sir( very politely)
m3:ok , have u heard about issue behind Afsal guru hanging
me:yes sir , the issue was that they havent told his family about hanging
m3: how is it justifeid
me:sir , according to our jail manual it is not necessary to inform the family
cm:but how it is morally justified
me:if we would have told his family , there may have been violence in jammu and kashmir
cm face lights up now
m4:do u like questions from nuclear side
me: yes sir
m4:( he said some 4,5 sentences , i could not make what he said due to his accent, i understand only the word  nuclear which
he said in his last sentence)
me: pardon me sir , could u please eleborate the question ( with utmost ploiteness)
m4: ( again what he said i couldnot get it)
me:sorry sir, i dont have complete facts about this topic.
m4: its ok , will u like kashmir issue
me:yes sir
m4:what do u think we should do,
me:first of all violence is not a solution in any case . rather we should put the pressure on them. yestereday only ,our honorary
  supreme court has asked the govt to take up the matter in international criminal court.
m5: so , u are working in ntpc
me:yes sir
m5: what is the installed capacity of our contry and demand .
me: 210 gw is the installed capacity , and if we take the T&D loss to be 30% then around 270 gw is the demand
m5 somehow look perplexed ,i think he now our country demand in units not in Gw which i said
me: can i say my answer again
cm:yes
me:(now i explained clearly) 210 gw is installed capacity and we further require 80GW.
m5:do our country import electricity
me:( i know for sure that all the contries suurounding us already have energy crisis , so how they will give us electricity,)
m5: do we import
me: sir , during the recent grid failure ,we took the electrcity from BHUtan
m5:which plant of bhutan
me:(i know the name , but forgot it)  sir , name not coming to my mind
cm:ok
m5:which plants of ntpc are coming in bihar
me: barh
m5:more
me:(taking time to think) kahalgaon
m5:it is already established ,
m5: nabinagar
me:yes sir ( even though i heard this name for the first time)
m5: schmes in education sector
me: sarva shiksha abhiyan
m5:more
me:mid day meal scheme where in students are given compulsry meals so that their parents will send them there
m5:more schemes
me:(no more scheme i remembered)  sir , also they are distributed books, scholarships and ..
cm interrupted :what else
me : clothes etc
m5:what is the relevance of panipat
me: sir , in the very 1st shlok of shrimad bhagwad gita , "dharamshetre kurushetre" dharamshetre refers to panipat
cm: this is mythological relevance , tell the historical relevance
me:there were 3 battles of panipat
m4: what are the dates
me: (thinking and saying very slowly) 1st in 1526 , 2nd in 1556 , 3rd in 18th century
cm:exact year
me:not able to recall sir
m4:1761
me:yes sir
m5:tell betwwn whom the third was fought
me: i know the parties sir ., one was marathas and another was (taking long time to recall) ... mughals
cm: not mughals , ahmed shah abdali
me: exactly sir (i think my voice goes little higher here)
m5:what is the economic activity undertaken in karnal
me: there is National dairy research institute , there is also central soil research alkaline institute
m5:in NDRI what do they do
me: research on milk and dairy products
m5: also on different breeds of buffaloes
me:yes sir
m5:what economic activity in panipat
me:sir , cotton textiles are produced here
m5:for example
me: silk sarees, cotton sarees
m5:have u seen the film Robot
me:yes i have seen it
m5:so is it possible to make a model of human showing emotions as well
me: sir , i personally think this is possible (with conviction) . for ex , when we speak there are vibrations in our neck
which are signals , and which can be tapped and so such model is possible
m5:how was the school curriculum at your times( not sure if indeed this was the ques)
me: sir , even at that point of time in science subjects we used to make modles, lab practicals etc were also there.

cm:ok ,at what class u have studied sanskrit ( since i have been awarded by delhi sanskrit samiti)
me: 10 class sir
cm:10 class( amazed)
cm: i will give u one shlok from sanskrit , can u translate it
me:yes sir  (cm looked happy to see my confidence)
cm: (he recited the shlok ,out of which i could get the meaning of only some words)
me: i had got the meaning of some of words ,  can i tell the idea
cm:yes yes , this is sufficient
me: (i started translating , chairman was helping me throughout )

cm:you may go now
me:thanku sirs,


(there are many more questions which i dont remember)

No comments:

Post a Comment