Thursday, March 14, 2013

Upsc Interview experience upsc 2013 .......cse 2012....

Grad History Hons.
Subjects; History Sociology lasted for 30- 35 min,

David sirs board ·

Chairman-How do I pronounce your name and then he reads the DAF...Ohk so you are a graduate in History then you have Sociology as your second optional birdwatching,Calligraphy that’s interesting for a student of History INMUN,Sukhdeo Memorial , Savitri Memorial prize were all these in college?Questions on birdwatching and calligraphy...general why birdwatching,where did you go, then calligraphy why is it seeing a declining trendSo what all subjects you had in your Hons.Course 

M1 - (Lady) give a general overview of the Economic scenario I asked her can I give it sector wise she asked me to keep it brief... what is inflation, current rate of inflation. GST...then she asked if I could site an example I told her Canada (harmonious tax structure india can follow) then St Stephens, why is it so famous she asked me for its historical relevance for DU (answered)when did it go coed (I dint kne) Academically bright people like you join the service but then they leave it too fast, what’s the reason for this.(though it is an individual decision it has a lot to do with job satisfaction one joins civil services with a certain frame of mind and then things dont fall in line with it so she said you mean politicization of services is one of the reasons for it..I agreed with her and said its still in the end your stand to keep yourself away from it you cant be forced into it and about other things I said a person should be solution oriented...what we imagine or construct are ideal situations but the ground reality is very different ...so within limited resources we should try to find a way) she dint ask me more on this. -

you know what did he do ? Armstrong Lane 100km road in NE ·

historical personality who died on 5th of March ?Joseph StalinThen he asked me about Stalin (so I started from power struggle to his contribution to Russia) What’s the ATLANTIC charter What was the agreement between Churchill and

Chairman –can you name the very famous Congressman who was a birdwatcher?AO Hume·

development? (inclusive)How will you empower rural women? (kudumbshree,SHG) Child labour legislation,RTE its link...shioould there be a blanket ban....(I agreed with this sited UN convention to which India is a party and the reason why we are not able to curb this is because there are leakages in the system in addition to the fact that it requires rehabilitation because child labour is essentially connected to poverty...so we should have a comprehensive framework for a child who was working till the age of 14 is illiterate and all of a sudden you ask him to go to school it will be difficult for him to adjust and therefore dropout so his rehabilitation should be structured for him in addition to this the problem is poverty the life chances it reproduces which are self reinforcing)

1

What is historiography?
The way history has been studied colonial nationalist subaltern ... reflect change over period of time, critical evaluation of sourcesdo we learn from history?Yes... historicism is not about cause effect relationship nor should we reduce it to one,at best history offers you perspectives ..vantage point to think(looked satisfied... I dont kne)

Chairman-Name a famous sociologist and his work ... No no Indian I said MN Srinivas then asked me on sanskritization, dominant class, Tell me a sociologist who’s alive? Andre beteille then any of his recent work

M4- Couldnt understand what he was sayingIs history about leaders? I said no not completely ...because I see it as a process (there was something more I said but I cant recall now) What is the subaltern school?(answered) Can law bring social change? Only to a extent article 17 prohibits it, as a practice its over but it still remains in cognitive sphere.

one more question and that ll be quick and he was looking at the watch again and again Colonial legacy for India Administratio

me to leave

No comments:

Post a Comment